The carbon-donor ligand is one of the ligands. For carbon-donor ligands, the atoms, molecules and ions that bond with the central atom (metal or metalloid) should be included. C atoms，and electron electrons are provided by N atom.. Carbon-donor ligands are usually called referred to as carbene ligands and usually act as an electrically neutral singlet carbene. Carbene ligands feature highly electron donating properties that are often utilized in organocatalysts, ligands for organometallic complexes, and surface modifiers on metals. Common carbon donor ligands include CO, CS and CN.
Figure 1. CO ligand and CS ligand
Like other ligands, carbon-donor ligands are generally not used alone, but instead form a coordination compound with a metal and are used in a variety of applications. Among them, the longest studied and most widely used metal carbonyl coordination complexe. Carbon ligand metal coordination complexe play an important role in the synthesis and preparation of new materials. Many carbon ligand metal coordination complexe and their derivatives are important chemical raw materials and catalysts themselves. In addition, due to the instability of the carbon ligand metal coordination complex, it is volatile and dissociated at low temperatures, so it has important applications in the field of new materials.
- Organic synthesis: Carbon ligand metal coordination complexe play an important role in the field of organic synthesis. For example, liquid nickel carbonyl and its derivatives have good catalytic properties and are catalysts for synthetic rubber, resin and acrylic acid. Cobalt carbonyl is a very important metal catalyst that catalyzes the preparation of many important organic acids, aldehydes, ketones and esters.
- Nanomaterials: The carbonyl metal coordination complex is highly dissociable at low temperatures, making it widely used in the field of nanomaterials. A variety of nanomaterials such as iron, nickel, tungsten, and cobalt have been successfully prepared using metal carbonyl complexes.
- Film and Coating: carbonyl metal coordination complexe has high purity, low gasification and dissociation temperature, and dissociation product diversity. Therefore, in metal organic mtter Metai-organic Chemical Vapor Deposition(MOCVD), it is also meteorological infiltration in Atomic Layer Deposition(ALD) have a wide range of applications. A variety of carbonyl composites have been prepared using metal carbonyl metal MOCVD processes and are widely used in many fields.
- Ghadwa. (2016). “Carbon-based two electron σ-donor ligands beyond classical N-heterocyclic carbenes.” Dalton Transactions 5(41), 16081-16095.
- MariaL.(2000) ”Hydride-Hydroxyosmacyclopropene versus Hydride-Hydroxy Carbyne and Cyclic Hydroxycarbene: Influence of the Substituents at the C(OH) Carbon Atom of the Carbon DonorLigand.” Organometallics 19(11),2184-2193.
- Jaouen.(1984). “New application of metal carbonyl complexes. Detection of the estradiol receptor.” Comptes Rendus de l'Academie des Sciences 298(16),683-691.
※ Please kindly note that our services are for research use only.